Thursday, February 23, 2023

Yarn Buying is a Whole Different Hobby

 Okay...I admit it that I have been on a yarn buying spree.   Etsy gets me into lots of trouble.  

Etsy is where many yarn dyers sell their yarn.   The colors grab me....and I end up overdoing it.

Hawpatch Yarns has rich and deep colors.    The picture below, of my score, does not really do the colors justice.

Yarn from Hawpatch

There will be socks....and at least one hat from this batch.

The last time I was at beWoolen, I was resting on the settee in the yarn store which is very close to the display of their house yarn Pigments.  Towards the bottom there was a pinkish skein that glowed.   The name of the color is Rhubarb Pie.  It came home with me and is becoming socks.

Rhubarb Pie socks in progress.

Plain socks are a palate cleanser after more complicated projects....and I am enjoying this quiet knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment