Monday, February 20, 2023

Knitting....and what I have been doing...

 Life has gotten in the way of talking about knitting with myself here.

Now, I am retired.   All the time is mine.

My latest obsession is yarn from independent dyers.    Fiber MacGyver has a real gift with color.  Yesterday I finished a pair of socks from her assigned pooling collection.  I was so curious to see how this:

KALEIDOSCOPE EYES Merino Cashmere Assigned Pooling

KALEIDOSCOPE EYES Merino Cashmere Assigned Pooling

would knit into socks.    Yesterday, I finished the pair and gave it to Fritz.    The colors glow - the picture above does not do the yarn justice.

Fiber Macgyver Kaleidoscope Eye Socks


The picture of the socks is tweaked a bit to give a better idea of the beauty of this yarn.    The yarn itself is soft.  The one flaw is that I had to pay a bit of attention to make sure I was not splitting yarn as I knit.  Not much of a flaw.  There are two more skeins of this yarn here...in different colors.  One is for me and one is for a gift for a knitting buddy.

Fritz saw a hat on Ravelry for which the pattern was no longer available.  He really liked the fox motif more than the motifs in other patterns.   Always up for a challenge, I did what I could to copy it.   After playing with charts for a bit, this is the result.   I learned a lot while I did this.   Fritz is happy with it...but there are things I would change if I did it again.    This is a one and done so I did not write up the pattern.

Fritz's fox hat

My knitting adventures are a great way to spend my days.   There are so many great patterns, so many great yarns, and now time to enjoy both!



No comments:

Post a Comment