Monday, September 16, 2019

Naked No More

This weekend, I finished the clothing for Rory's bunny....and she is now dressed and not lounging about in lingerie.....

Little Cotton Rabbits Bunny in a cardigan and dress
The Bunny Dressed
The clothes for the bunny are not hard to make but are very time consuming.  Originally, I had thought that I would make the bunny a wardrobe.  Time went quickly and I am content with one outfit.

Rory will be three this fall.   That meant I had to be really careful about buttons (can't use them) and snaps (really shouldn't use them).   As I was knitting away on the clothing I thought about what to do.

Sewing the clothes on to the body.....not a good option.  Risk a snap?  Her little fingers might not be able to work a snap yet.  My final solution was not to put a button on the cardigan and to crochet ties so that the dress can be closed with a small bow.

Will I make more clothes?  Yes...and eventually another creature to wear them.

Want to spend an afternoon looking at really cute projects?  Look at the Little Cotton Rabbits on Pinterest....the folks who have designed the clothing have created dresses that make the fingers itch to make one...no matter how much time it takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment